Electric Blue/Florida Crayfish Care Sheet
- Florida Crayfish and Electric Blue Crayfish
- Family: Cambaridae
- Genus: Procambarus
- Species: P. alleni
This is based on my option and my experience at my commercial farm.
Water Temp: 70-85F – the lowest temperature I have had them in 50F water with no ill affects.
Hardness: Hard water is recommended for shell growth
Food: Omnivorous- Flake Food, sinking catfish food, vegetables
Active Time: Night
Life Span: 3-5 Years
Size: Body- 4-5 inches
Hiding Place: Yes (2 per animal)
- Hides: You will need appropriate size hides in your tanks, 1 inch PVC for adults. You can use a verity of hides including PVC and rock caves. They feel comfortable in sung areas with only 1(one) opening. We recommend 2 hides per crayfish.
- My water parameters as of 06/07/17 (Deep Well Water)
- My feed I use at my farm-
Zeigler Premium Shrimp Grower Feed (Night Feed)
Bloodworms (Once a week) Seems to promote breeding
Fresh/Frozen Vegetables- they really like green peas (5 times a week)
- Float your unopened in the water that they will introduced to adjust the temperature of the shipping water slowly
- Air line/stone
- Open bag and insert airline or pour into a container with airline
- Add tank water to adjust them to your PH. *** Add water very slowly to your crayfish, don’t add enough at once to cover the crayfish completely. This acclimates their gill back to being submerged.Repeat #4 every 5-10 mins till the crayfish is covered
- Net them out of the water and add them to your tank. (DO NOT ADD SHIPPING WATER TO YOUR SYSTEM)