Freshwater Shrimp Care Sheet
- Family: Atyidae
- Genus: Neocaridian
- Species: davidi
This is based on my option and my experience at my commercial farm.
Water Temp: 70-76F – 60F is the lowest I’ve had them in during winter
Food: Sera Shrimp Pellet, Fresh Vegetables (clean)
Max size- 1.5-2 inch
Freshwater shrimp love live plants and will graze on them all day, you will have better success if keep in planted tanks.
- My water parameters as of 06/07/17
- My feed I use at my farm-
- Float your unopened in the water that they will introduced to
- Air line/stone
- Open bag and insert airline or pour into a container with airline
- Drip tank water to adjust them to your PH . 1 drip per second
- Drip for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Net them out of the water and add them to your tank. (DO NOT ADD SHIPPING WATER TO YOU SYSTEM)
- Cycling your tank: I know you hear this all the time but it is very important to have your tank cycled before introducing your new shrimp.
- Tank Mates:
Snails (all types)